- RssDataSource control to consume feeds in ASP.NET applications
Works with ASP.NET data bound controls
Implements schema to generate columns at design time
Supports auto-generation of columns at runtime (via ICustomTypeDescriptor implementation)
- Caching of downloaded feeds both in-memory and on-disk (persisted across process restarts)
- Generation of strongly typed classes for feeds (including strongly typed channel, items, image, handler) based on a feed URL (the toolkit recognizes RSS, Atom and RDF feeds) or a file containing a sample feed. Allows programmatically download (and creation) of feeds using strongly-typed classes.
The toolkit includes:
- Consuming feeds, using:
Stand-alone command line feed compiler that generates VB.Net or C# code files.
Build provider for .rssdl file (containing the list of feed URI(s) [including local files])
Build provider for .rss file (containing feed XML in RSS/Atom/RDF or OPML format)
- Support for generation of feeds in ASP.NET application including:
RSS HTTP handler (strongly typed HTTP handlers are generated automatically by the build providers) to generate the feed.
RSS Hyper Link control (that can point to RSS HTTP handler) to create RSS links
Optional secure encoding of user name into query string to allow generation of personalized feeds
- Set of classes for programmatic consumption and generation of RSS feed in a late-bound way, without using strongly types generated classes